Wednesday, December 29, 2010

letter recieved 12/29/10

Mom,

Hey whats up? So it was a lot of fun talking to you guys on Christmas. My companion it was his first time talking to his parents on his mission. So it was funny we talked a lot about it. The first call home on your mission is by far the weirdest! You get on the phone and the entire time before hand your nervous cause you have no idea what your going to talk about, And then your nervous as to if they think you've changed I don't know why you think these things but for whatever reason you do. Especially since every day you go out and talk to random people you have never known at all. But in the end it was by far the sweetest of all the phone calls.

Lets see as far as funnies go this week there hasn't been any that really stand out in mind I think. Oh haha the other day I was talking to the new Elder that lives with us. His name is Elder Wilkinson. And lets just say sometimes he doesn't always think clearly. So I was like yeah for Valentines day lets just invite girls over for dinner and will feed them. His response I didn't know we were allowed to have investigators over in our apartment. Haha I was like oh yeah its no big deal with the four of us here we will easily have a third priesthood. Well needless to say I had him convinced until his companion finally goes Wilkinson it was a joke we can't have girls over. So its so much fun to have this kid in the same apartment. Poor kid though cause I love to bother him so bad. I honestly should be nicer though.
Second thing is I went to the office and was sitting there and President goes Elder Davis what are we having for breakfast since Sister Simpson seems to always make what you want. So in my defense one time she did make breakfast burritos cause I requested so he did exaggerate it a bit. Well we kept talking and I told him I had a crazy idea he response again with oh no and your going to tell me? So my idea was renting a limo for all the Missionaries in the Zone to unify us well he shot out 3 reason why not to do it and said what do you think my answer is now. So clearly it was no. So that put an end to my sweet idea but that is alright.

Anyways this week its the last week of the year then were on to another year. In Helaman five its where Nephi and Lehi are introduced. They are told that they were given the names of their first parents to be better put it says this "Behold, I have given unto you the names of our first aparents who came out of the land of Jerusalem; and this I have done that when you remember your names ye may remember them; and when ye remember them ye may remember their works; and when ye remember their works ye may know how that it is said, and also written, that they were bgood.given unto you the names of our first aparents who came out of the land of Jerusalem; and this I have done that when you remember your names ye may remember them; and when ye remember them ye may remember their works; and when ye remember their works ye may know how that it is said, and also written, that they were bgood." And the reason was for this "Therefore, my sons, I would that ye should do that which is good, that it may be said of you, and also written, even as it has been said and written of them." I enjoyed these verses it made me think of the new year and some people I love and admire. Grandma as we know was well loved and any that knew her would talk of how great she was. Now then we don't have her name as ours. But we can remember and in so doing we can live the next year as she would. We can remember the great things she taught us and the great ways she loved us as well as others. When your taught something you must apply it because your responsible now for that knowledge. And we were taught a lot of great things by grandma so apply it in your lives and you will find you will be just as blessed as she is. I love ya tons set some good goals for the new year. With out a goal or vision your just lost. Love ya it was awesome hearing your guys voices bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment