Wednesday, December 22, 2010

letter recieved 12-22-10

Mom,

Whats up? So to answer the questions you had. Well the new ward is interesting. They have had a lot of missionaries who, don't get me wrong are good missionaries just didn't know how to work with members. So to say the least it was a not so stellar welcome hahhaa. It was good though we met a family named the Jongs and they are really cool. They were probably the friendliest.
But lets see President Simpson finds it super funny that I am back in the Metro he said today as I walked in and someone said my name Haha is that Elder Davis who will spend pretty much all his mission in the Metro. My response I dont' know President am I finishing here in Halifax. To which he replied there is a high possibility that I will be here till the end of my mission holy crap buckets. That will be 20 months of my mission in the metro.
Yes Kelly is super funny she took us out to eat that day and then took the picture. But it will be interesting to see how things go. We have no investigators here right now. So its back to finding.
The good news is that Steve and Karen in New Glasgow they are doing really well so I am least glad that things are going good there. Oh yeah before I forget today I was backing up and was a little spacy totally almost ran a lady over hahaha she totally was swearing and getting all crazy. Just a funny side note. But in Halifax its crazy I live with 2 other Elders so there is four of us total in the apartment. Its pretty sweet like it so far thought I wouldn't but to unify the apartment I had us all shave our arms. Yeah its pretty sweet! We feel unified were probably going to shave our legs as well. But that is also because there is a new Elder that is a little socially akward ya know. So I keep trying to do things to force him out of his shell. Hopefully it works.

But as for the work here we are knocking a lot. And trying to get know the members of the ward. Hopefully things start picking up. If it wasn't for the fact I have been here so long and didn't know some of the members it would of been pretty awfull for a first Sunday. Well anyways things will pick up enough of the crying.
So today I was thinking well actually this last week I have been thinking. In John 10 its says this in verse 24 Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly. 25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believe not: the works that I do in my Father’s name, they bear witness of me. It was interesting often times we find ourselves thinking it would just be easier if he came and told me that he was the Christ and that this is his church. But would it be easier. The answer is no not at all. Judas stood and watched Jesus do these great works and I am sure on occasions heard him bear witness of who he is. But he still betrayed him. So then we see we must believe. It doesn't ever get easier life is and will always be hard. So we must push on. 26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: This one was simple but a good one that I liked it is each day when we look back on our day we should ask ourselves did we hear his voice and so live the day that he can say he knows us and we can say that we do indeed follow him? 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand. The ending is my favorite we are his. This season let us not forget him. As long as we live our lifes in a way the gospel teaches we shall never fear for we shall be Christ forever and instead of giving us a temporal gift he will give us that which will be forever. And that which will be bring us everlasting joy. I want ya to know I don't say it a lot in letters but I do know that Christ is our Savior and King. He did rise on the third day and because of him we will live again. We are his and we should never be ashamed of him or his church. Each day testify of him bodly and proudly. I love ya mom dad Anslea Keaton Dax
Devyn and Alea. I love the rest of ya guys you have been one heck of a family one I proudly talk about you guys all of ya bring a twinkle to my eye and joy to my face. Take care this Christmas season and hey I can actually truly say this talk to you on Saturday love ya!

Elder Davis.

No comments:

Post a Comment