Wednesday, October 27, 2010

letter recieved 10/27/10

Mom,

Yeah the package was awesome. As for taking Elder Boyd out to eat well we will do it in a bit. Its been pretty crazy lately, this week we have be gone a lot. It all started with last Saturday. When we went up to Sydney to do a baptismal interview that is one heck of a drive. I slept most of the way. But we didn't end up getting home till 10:15 that night. It was a lot of fun though good to see Elder Beus we went to his apartment and took a bunch of nuts you find on the ground put it all over the apartment, He has still yet to acknowledge that prank.
I am curious to know what the card said that Nicholas gave you. He is a dork I love how he is coming to live down there for 2 weeks. I could just seem him being super happy about that. I showed President and Sister Simpson the pictures of him Kelly, Stowell, and Keeney. They were laughing so hard at Nicholas they really loved him as well. As for Keeney yes he is a dork I am not surprised he hugged you the moment he saw you. He was always like that. Funny kid full of energy and I am not shocked much by him teaching the kids how to shoot rubber bands. As for Stowell an elder was saying the other day they remember watching a new Elder who had not to many friends standing by himself not knowing where to sit and Stowell invited him over to sit with him. So as you can see he was always pretty kind to people.That is funny that you got him with the microwave.
So Monday we went to Zone Leader Council and President always uses big words so I look like an idiot when he says do you know what I mean when I say that and of course he looks at me and I have a no idea look. So then he explains it so the best quote is Well Elders if I don't teach you anything at least I can always say I expanded your vocabulary. He is a funny guy. But Zone Council was good he taught a lot about working with members and helping the new missionaries out since there is so many. Elder Saunders who is the new Assistant is sitting there. Background story so we were talking about what to do with Christmas Zone Conference and we all decided that it was funny when Nicholas dressed up as Santa. So President looks around and says well who is going to do it this year. Sister Simpson goes well Elder Saunders and he is my height. So Presidents response is no he is more the size of an elf I felt so bad. So did Sister Simpson apparently so she made him apologize. But the rest of the week we have an exchange.Tomorrow we are taking off to Charlottetown PEI again to do a baptismal interview. So like I said we have a busy few days.

On the spiritual side. We were able to do those baptismal interviews and they were awesome. The Brewsters are a great family they are older but there youngest daughter Chelsea is getting baptized as well. I was able to meet them when I went on exchanges with Elder Beus up there,And it was a lot fun talking to them again. I felt bad they wanted us to stay up there and watch there baptism but we weren't able to stay up so like I said earlier we left. But things are starting to look really good here. I was on exchanges with Elder Bench Friday and we were knocking and we finished a street and one of his investigators gave him a referral. So we went to the referrals house well tried to ended up finding out that the house number was made up. So we ended up going to the next street we had planned out to knock. And we were standing at the side of the house and I couldn't figure out what street these other houses were on. So me and Elder Bench decided to knock it anyways so we start to head up and we look up to a guy yelling hey missionaries come in here. Obviously we go in. And we meet Kyle (weird teaching a guy with my own name cause I thought I was talking to myself.) and Emily. So we taught them the restoration. And commited them to be baptized when they received there answer to their prayers. They said that would be willing to do that. So Monday we go back and we taught them again and this time we commited them to November 20th and they agreed so we are pretty pumped for them and greatfull for this great blessing. Things though are starting to look good we are getting some good solid contacts we need to call and set up appointments with. So we should start seeing some good success. Its helps that so many elders before hand have worked really hard in the area.

Anyways bye for now love ya,

Kyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment